Iceland & the Northern Lights
on 30 Jan 2018
Iceland delivers a major hit of both the surreal and the beautiful. This exclusive journey with Abercrombie & Kent delivers you to the cool climes of northern Europe where one of the world’s most stunning visual experiences awaits – the Northern Lights.
Best seen during the winter months when the temperatures are low and the night sky is clear and black, the Aurora Borealis lights up the sky in varying shades of green, pink and blue sending out an eerie otherworldly glow. It's not just the Northern Lights that create great drama - so too do the country’s incredible landscapes.
Over 10 breathtaking days, you’ll see the highlights of Iceland’s southwest with its dramatic fjords, mountains, volcanoes, geysers and waterfalls as well as the scenic attractions of the South Shore.
Accommodation is in a selection of intimate boutique properties which range from log cabin style lodge to sophisticated Art Deco city hotel and more. There’s also time to explore the compact and stylish capital, Reykjavik.
- An intimate group size of no more than 18 guests
- Vibrant, cosmopolitan and sophisticated Reykjavik
- Geothermal lakes, volcanic craters, lava fields and hot springs
- Soak in the warm healing waters of The Blue Lagoon
- Farm to table inventive Icelandic cuisine
- Hike through an ice tunnel into the body of a glacier
- World Heritage Listed Thingvellir National Park
- See the world’s oldest Parliament
- The Golden Circle with its geysers and waterfalls
- Crystal ice caves & the vast Jokulsarlon glacial lagoon
- Luxury boutique accommodation
- Welcome and Farewell Dinners
Departing Reykjavik on 22 November 2018, this small group journey concludes in Reykjavik on 1 December 2018. Prices start from $11,895 per person twin share, or solo share with a single supplement of $1,695. To find out more about this incredible experience, contact Phil Hoffmann Travel.
Fire & Ice Explorer
20 night fly, stay, cruise package New York to London
Fire & Ice ExplorerThis 20-night package includes return flights from Adelaide, 2 nights New York, 16 night cruise aboard Island Princess, 2 nights London, transfers and more. You'll visit Nova Scotia, Greenland...
Viking Passage 2020
19 night fly & cruise package with Holland America Line
Viking Passage 2020Journey across the Atlantic through to Boston. On the way, witness the beauty of Norway, Iceland, Greenland, and Canada. This 19 night cruise with Holland America Line departs 19 August...
Viking Sagas & Northern Isles 2020
21 night fly & cruise package with Holland America Line
Viking Sagas & Northern Isles 2020Cruise aboard Holland America Line's newest ship - Nieuw Statendam from Amsterdam. Cruise to the spectacular Norwegian fjords and discover glacier-studded Iceland before heading to the often rugged and...