Travel & Cruise Consultant
82 King William Road
Hyde Park SA 5061
I started in the travel industry in 2014 and since then have completed a Certificate 3 in Tourism. I have always loved exploring new places and learning new things about the world, so a job in the travel industry is a perfect fit! I love talking to people about their travels and what they have seen and done, and in turn I love being able to be a part of that for clients.
I love exploring the outdoors, so have gone on a few trekking holidays, such as through Sapa in Vietnam. I can’t wait to keep adding places to my list.
- Immerse yourself in the local culture by chatting to locals to hear their stories, try new things and don’t rely on maps - just have a little fun exploring your surroundings.
- Hoi An - the food at the Lanterntown Restaurant in Hoi An was the most incredible meal I had in Vietnam. And that is saying something because the food is great everywhere!
- Ubud, Bali -the Ubud Village Resort and Spa in Bali is the perfect spot for a relaxing getaway and one of my favourite resorts to date. The staff are phenomenal and constantly go above and beyond for you.
- Contiki is a great choice for tours for the younger, first time traveller. Travelling with Contiki is a great way to meet like-minded people and make friends for life.
- In Asia, I would recommend a tour with Intrepid, as they use amazing local guides who can take you to all the hidden places that only locals know about. In Dalat, we visited a small village and were able to go into the homes of the locals and try some snake steak - simply because our guide knew the people living in the home.
Destinations Lauren specialises in...
Australia Austria Bath California Cambridge Czech Republic Denpasar Dublin England France Germany Greece Hanoi Hawaii Ho Chi Minh City Ireland Italy Kauai London New York Oahu Paris Prague Queensland San Francisco Switzerland Tasmania Usa Vienna Vietnam Western Australia