Twenty reasons to visit Sri Lanka
on 21 Apr 2016
- Sri Lanka is a stunning country with pristine beaches, cultural heritage,
scenic landscapes and lots of elephants.
- Go Wild! Discover elephants, sloth bears, crocs, deer, wild buffalo and a variety of reptile species at the Yala National park.
- Explore the magnificent Dutch colonial architecture and boutique shops, cafes and galleries in sleepy Galle.
- The beautiful and ambient countryside.
- A profoundly spiritual nation with warm and friendly locals, over 70% of the Sri Lankans are Buddhist.
- Taste the mouth-watering street food and learn how to make a proper curry.
- Visit the beautiful Botanic Gardens in Peradeniya with 147 acres of lush greenery and tropical flowers.
- The warm ocean water! With a year-round average temperature of 28 degrees Celsius, swimming in the island’s surrounding waters is perfect at any time of year.
- See the Temple of the Tooth in the lakeside town of Kandy – said to hold a tooth relic of Lord Buddha.
- Shop for arts, crafts and gems in Kandy’s bazaar.
- Go to the Pinnawala Elephant Orphanage and watch with delight as rescued and rehabilitating baby and adult elephants interact and play with each other.
- Witness the majesty of Anuradhapura’s preserved ruins. Spanning 1300 years, it is one of the oldest civilisations on earth and revered by Buddhists.
- Relax and enjoy a heavenly Ayurvedic spa treatment where you’ll leave with a refreshed mind, body and spirit.
- Visit the Sri Maha Bodhi tree, grown from a cutting of the tree in India where it’s said Lord Buddha attained enlightenment.
- Explore the bustling and colourful city of Colombo.
- Behold the impressive 5th century rock fortress of Sigriya and admire its imposing lion entrance, its palace and the frescoes that adorn the rock.
- Discover the iconic UNESCO-listed Dambulla – Sri Lanka’s most impressive cave temple with a complex of five atmospheric caves, adorned with paintings.
- Sri Lanka is one of the world’s largest tea exporters. Sample tasty tea straight from its source at a tea plantation and observe its production from picking to pouring!
- Shop for exotic spices in the local markets.
- The food – did we mention the food? The spice island is a melting pot of cuisines. It seems every nationality that has visited and traded over the years has left its mark with a combination of influences from the Dutch, Portuguese, Malays, Moors, Indians and Arabs.
Classic Sri Lanka
Fully Escorted tour with flights, transfers, meals, touring and more
$5,299*per person twin share
Classic Sri LankaHiding in plain sight, the isle of Sri Lanka is waiting to be discovered. Join us on an atmospheric visit that combines laid-back touring, great hostels and resorts. Visiting Negombo...
BONUS onboard credits up to $500USD^ per cabin
$9,199*per person twin share
Exotic JourneyUnpack once and let your dream cruise experience begin! Set sail out of Sydney Harbour cruising over 36 nights to the Middle East. Take in wonderful ports along the way...
Princess World Cruise 2021
$2,000 onboard credit + 50% reduced deposit + Fly Free + Discounts
$24,499*per person twin share
Princess World Cruise 2021Book by 10 November for the best offers! Princess Cruises World Cruise 2021 - a 108 night voyage is on sale. Book NOW and secure your preferred cabin. Visit 44...