My passion for travelling started when I joined Ansett in Gove, Northern Territory. After 7 years in the NT, I moved back to Adelaide, had 2 children and opened my own Travel Agency in the southern suburbs which I operated for 15 years. I then joined PHT for a short stint before moving to Melbourne for 6 years, followed by 3 years in Sydney. During this time in Melbourne and Sydney I was employed by two specialist cruise agencies where I became a huge advocate for the world of cruising.
My husband and I moved back to Adelaide to be closer to family and friends and I re-joined PHT in late September 2016. We both love travelling and we now try to combine land packages and finish with a cruise.
We have combined the Canadian Rockies with an Alaskan cruise, a tour of Turkey with a cruise around the Turkish and Greek islands and a land tour of Spain with a European cruise. Our cruise experiences have been on small, mid-size and large ships. Cruising at the end of any land arrangements is the perfect way to relax and return home refreshed.
- Always remember to take the hotel’s card or the ship’s berth with address and phone number in case you become disorientated.
- Do some research on your destination before leaving home, particularly if there is a highlight that you don’t wish to miss – you should consider pre-booking.
- Couples or families travelling with multiple electronic devices should take a power board along with an adaptor.
- Bora Bora, Tahiti - just go. It's simply beautiful.
- Machu Picchu, Peru - engage in a trek to this prized location.
- South Africa - take off on safari to some of RSA's foremost game parks including Kruger National Park.
- Lake Bled, Slovenia - an impossibly beautiful lake surrounded by mountains and forest, featuring an island housing a historic church
- Plitvice Lakes, Croatia - known for a chain of 16 terraced lakes, joined by waterfalls, that extend into a limestone canyon. Walkways and hiking trails wind around and across the water.
- Hvar, Croatia - a beautiful island to visit in the European summer. Highlights of the port town Hvar include its 13th-century walls, a hilltop fortress and a main square anchored by the Renaissance-era Hvar Cathedral. The island also features beaches such as Dubovica and inland lavender fields.
- Grand Canyon, USA - overwhelming in it's sheer size. Eye-popping.
- Niagara Falls, Canada - a natural spectacle! Be sure to ride the Maid of the Mist.
- Iguazu Falls, Brazil - the falls lie split between Brazil and Argentina in a large expanse of national park, much of it rainforest teeming with unique flora and fauna. The memories won't leave you.
Destinations Cheryl specialises in...
Argentina Austria Bali Brazil Cambodia Canada China Croatia Czech Republic England Fiji France French Polynesia Germany Greece Hong Kong Indonesia Ireland Italy Japan New Zealand Northern Territory Peru Qatar Queensland Singapore South Africa Spain Switzerland Thailand Turkey Usa Vanuatu Vietnam