Born in the UK, raised amongst the volcanoes of New Guinea and a road-tripping veteran (I crossed the Nullarbor Plain pre-bitumen), a career in the travel industry was my destiny.
Riding the Trans-Siberian train a couple of times, flying Concorde to New York and an Ilyushin to Irkutsk, on safari in Kenya, catching my breathe in Bolivia, dining on sea slugs in Shanghai and eating kushari in Cairo are a few of my memorable travel experiences.
Where have you been?
- Africa Cameroon, Egypt, Gambia, Kenya, Malawi, Mauritius, Morocco, Namibia, South Africa, Tanzania, Zambia, Zimbabwe
- Asia Bahrain, China (including Hong Kong, Macau), India, Indonesia (Bali), Japan, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Malaysia, Maldives, Mongolia, Oman, Russia (including Siberia), Singapore, Sri Lanka, Syria, Thailand, Turkey, United Arab Emirates, Uzbekistan
- Australia/pacific Australia, Fiji, Guam, Mariana Islands (Saipan, Tinian, Rota), New Zealand, Norfolk Island, Palau, Papua New Guinea, Solomon Islands
- Europe Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, England, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, Monaco, Netherlands, Norway, Spain, Portugal, Scotland, Slovakia, Sweden, Switzerland, Wales, Vatican City
- North America Canada, Cuba, Mexico, United States (including Alaska and Hawaii)
- South America Bolivia
Eating Bobotie – a Cape Malay classic, whilst sitting around a campfire in Etosha National Park, Namibia.
What wouldn’t you travel without?
My Crumpler ‘The Maurice’ crossbody messenger bag. This faithful sky blue and orange bag is the perfect size for everything I need during the day and has been with me everywhere. It's doubled as an evening bag on more than a few occasions.