My career as a travel consultant began in 2002 after 18 years in the hotel industry.
In 2007 I joined Phil Hoffmann Travel Norwood as a travel assistant and then moved into the role of Assistant Manager
In my career with PHT I have worked in our Hyde Park, Stirling and Adelaide branches and am now based in our Modbury branch.
I am very passionate about travel and visiting exciting new destinations. This industry has given me the opportunity to visit extensive parts of Europe, South America, Canada and USA, Asia, South Africa and India.
Cruising is another great way to travel – I have ocean-cruised on P&O, Queen Mary and Oceania. I've also river-cruised from Amsterdam to Frankfurt on board APT’s amazing river ships!
- When planning a holiday, always stay a minimum of 4 days in any one city.
- A travel card is the best option when travelling. I also recommend you take some of the local currency of the first city you touch down in so you have some cash as soon as you arrive and not wasting time looking for a money exchange.
- Walking tours and hop on hop off buses are the best way to see a city and get your bearings so you can go back and explore in more depth.
- Rome - when in Rome have lunch at La Prosciutteria (near Fontana di Trevi). For around 10 euros per person you get an amazing array of cured meats/cheeses and bread!
- USA - visit the DFOs in Las Vegas and Honolulu – fantastic bargains for designer labels.