Terms & Conditions
Schedule of Professionalism
Phil Hoffmann Travel® is an ATAS accredited Travel Agent and a member of AFTA. The professional services of the Consultants are as indicated and are brought to your attention to advise the important charges now implemented within the travel industry. Click here for a PDF of our Schedule of Professionalism.
In addition to any fees charged by airlines, wholesalers and suppliers, including Phil Hoffmann Travel Group Department, a Phil Hoffmann Travel cancellation fee will apply. If you cancel before full payment a cancellation fee equal to your deposit and subsequent payments will be charged. After final payment, a Phil Hoffmann Travel cancellation fee of 20% or $400 per person will apply, whichever is greater.
Cheque and Electronic Payments
Personal, bank, company cheques or electronic payments are accepted however take at least 3-10 working days to clear. Should a payment be provided without the relevant clearance period, penalties may apply.
Phil Hoffmann Travel Schedule of Professionalism
|After payment of a deposit and in addition to fees charged by airlines, wholesalers and operators.||Domestic booking
|$55* per person
$100* per person
|Insurance Claim Documentation support fee|
|Charged for any information necessary inclduing for insurance purposes, if/when insurance is not taken with Phil Hoffmann Travel.||$110* per search|
This fee is in addition to any consulate fee, money orders or bank cheques that also may be applicable. This service is subject to the ability to meet consulate requirements.
For bookings made with
When no booking made
$122* Standard Fee
$155* standard fee
$177* standard fee
$210* standard fee
USA Travellers: All Australian passport holders travelling on the visa waiver program are required to obtain an electronic travel authorisation prior to boarding an aircraft or ship to the USA. This authorisation can only be obtained on line on the
|evisa processing fee||$55
prices are per person per consulate
|Cost incurred subject to location|
|Frequent Flyer Redemptions|
|Applies where Phil Hoffmann Travel processes points on behalf of clients. Plus applicable air taxes.||
Round the World
Point to Point
Point to Point
$55* per ticket
$110* per ticket
$220* per ticket
$220* per ticket
|Itinerary Planning Deposit|
|This deposit will be credited towards your Reservation Deposit when a booking is made.||$110* per person|
|Reservation Deposit (Non Refundable)|
|In addition to deposits required by airlines, wholesalers and operators.||Domestic
|$55* per person
$400* per person
Ticketing fees for all other services will apply. Please ask your consultant for further details. In addition to fees charged by the operator.
Wedding/Gift Registry fee
|Credit Card Fee|
|After Hours Emergency Service|
|Fees will be charged to your credit card after use of service.||Per call in addition to any airline, supplier or PHT fee.||$55* plus GST
In addition to any fees charged by airlines, wholesalers & suppliers, including Phil Hoffmann Travel Group Division, a Phil Hoffmann Travel cancellation fee will apply.
Phil Hoffmannn Travel cancellation fee
Phil Hoffmann Travel will
*Refers to from price. Please ask your consultant for a price to match your itinerary.
- All coupons, receipts and tickets are issued subject to the terms and conditions specified by the suppliers.
- By accepting the coupons, tickets and utilising our services, you agree that, apart from certain rights you have under the Trade Practises Act that we cannot alter, neither Phil Hoffmann Travel nor any subsidiary company or representative shall be liable for any loss, injury or damage to you or your belongings or otherwise arising in any way out of our services to you.
- Your Consultant can advise you on passport and visa requirements, but it is your responsibility to ensure you comply with these regulations before travelling.
- All relevant costs include GST.
- The supplier and airline refund process can consist of months of investigation, Phil Hoffmann Travel will assist this process however does not take any responsibility for the length of time taken by them.
The reservation deposit is payable at the time the reservation is requested and is in addition to any deposits charged by the tour operator/airline or other travel supplier. The reservation deposit is non-refundable BUT if you proceed with the booking the amount of the reservation deposit will be credited against the final amount payable. Upon cancellation, the reservation deposit is forfeited however in certain cases may be held in suspension for 12 months. If the Phil Hoffmann Travel reservation deposit is not utilised within the 12 months, it will be deemed as cancellation of a booking. In many cases, cancellation costs may be claimed against your insurance policy, and accordingly, travel insurance is strongly recommended. A recommended insurance policy will be automatically included in your statement. If you choose not to effect our insurance, we will ask you to sign an indemnity declaration. Travel insurance provides cover when the premium is paid and the policy issued, and so should be taken out as soon as any deposit or payment is made for maximum protection.
In the event that an accident, disaster or emergency is reported to have occurred in a country where I/we will or may be travelling. I/we authorise you to disclose to the Australian Government Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade details of my/our itinerary (including without limitation, transport and accommodation arrangements) and my/our contact details within Australia and overseas. Please refer to www.smartraveller.gov.au for important Travel Smart - Hints for Australian Travellers or refer to the leaflet included in your final travel documentation. Other important informational websites are www.dfat.gov.au and www.tsa.gov
Book Flights Online Terms and Conditions
You must be 18 years of age or over to make any booking on our website.
- Full payment for travel arrangements made via the Phil Hoffmann Travel booking engine is due at the same time as making the booking.
- Where a Phil Hoffmann Travel service fee is charged, this fee is non-refundable.
Credit Card Payments:
- Phil Hoffmann Travel reserves the right to charge administration/service fees for payments made by credit card. These charges are up to 3%. These charges will appear on the review page of the on-line booking process.
- Credit card payment debit may take up to 48 hours after a booking is made online.
- Bookings made using online airlines or suppliers may charge their own fees.
Fees are as follows:
- Debit Card - 0.5%
- Visa/Mastercard - 1%
- American Express - 1.7%
- Diners Club - 3%
Amendments and Cancellation Fees:
- All flight changes and cancellations can be made through the applicable airline direct or through Phil Hoffmann Travel.
- We reserve the right to charge a minimum amendment fee of AUD$100 per person on International departures for each change to a confirmation of booking; this is in addition to any fees charged by the travel supplier/wholesaler.
- The minimum charge for Domestic booking amendment is AUD$55 in addition to any fees charged by the travel supplier/wholesaler.
- For Virgin Australia, Jetstar or any Low Cost Airline changes, please contact your Consultant directly.
- We also reserve the right to charge a minimum cancellation fee of the reservation deposit plus 20% of monies paid which will be in addition to any charges made by the travel supplier/wholesaler, which in some cases can be the loss of the full amount you have paid.
- Refunds of monies can take a minimum 12 weeks to obtain from the travel supplier/wholesaler.
- Please note that many travel suppliers/wholesalers treat passenger name changes and itinerary alterations as a FULL CANCELLATION and as such these changes can incur full cancellation charges.
- All travel suppliers and/or wholesalers charge amendment and cancellation fees. In many cases, cancellation costs may be claimed against your insurance policy, and accordingly, travel insurance is strongly recommended.
- Phil Hoffmann Travel provides access to booking our recommended travel Insurance. If you book with Phil Hoffmann Travel and choose not to take out travel insurance, Phil Hoffmann Travel will not be responsible for paying any extra costs or expenses you may incur. Travel insurance may provide cover when the premium is paid and the policy issued, and so should be taken out as soon as payment is made for maximum protection.
- All coupons, receipts and tickets are issued subject to the terms and conditions specified by the suppliers.
- Apart from the rights you have under the Trade Practices Act that can not be lawfully excluded, neither Phil Hoffmann Travel nor any subsidiary company or representative shall be liable for any loss, injury or damage to you or your belongings or otherwise arising in any way out of the use of our website and our services to you. We make no warranty or representation as to the suitability of any product or service displayed on our website. Travel insurance is strongly recommended and can be purchased through Phil Hoffmann Travel.
- It is your responsibility to ensure you comply with passport and visa requirements regulations before travelling. Go to www.dfat.gov.au, www.smartraveller.gov.au or https://visasdirect.com.au/ for more information.
- It is your responsibility to ensure you are covered with travel insurance.
- All costs include GST.
- Identification requirements for domestic cruises: It is the sole responsibility of the passenger to ensure that they present acceptable ID when checking in for a domestic cruise. One form of identification must show travellers date of birth.
Passengers travelling on domestic cruises will be required to check in with Government issued photo identification, the types accepted include:
Current passport (or expired within 5 years)
Current driver’s license (or expired within 5 years)
Proof of age cards (the older QLD 18+ version card will not be accepted)
Photo cards MSIC (Maritime Security Identification Card)
Australian defence Identification card Disability Card (with photo)
For those under 18 years of age:
Medicare card (applicable for Australian residents only)
NZ school card (applicable for NZ residents only)
Guests who do not possess a Passport or Government Issued Photo Identification for an Australian domestic cruise will need to show 2 forms of identification (document or card showing their full name and date of birth). One of these must be government issued.
Government issued identification (non-photo):
Other forms of non-photo identification:
Credit or bank card
RSL club card
Electoral enrolment card
Guests who present to check-in with insufficient ID or no ID will be denied boarding, with no refund offered.
Validity of Prices and Information:
- Phil Hoffmann Travel strives to ensure that all information available on our website is accurate; however the prices and information on the Phil Hoffmann Travel website and featured in the booking engine are supplied by third parties and are subject to availability and conditions and are subject to change without notice. Although every care has been taken, the prices are not guaranteed until paid in full and documents have been issued.
- Phil Hoffmann Travel disclaims and will be exempt from any liability under the law of contract, tort or by virtue of statutory enactment in relation to any:
- loss to;
- personal injury death or illness of;
- damage or theft of personal property of any sort of;
- expense of inconvenience caused through delay to;
- disappointed expectation of;
- accident befalling;
- the traveller or any dependents, arising out of any negligent act or omission, breach of any duty imposed by statute, breach of any law of the place of destination or on route to or from the destination, tort (whether intentional or unintentional), or breach of a contractual term, whether expressed or implied or breach of duty arising under or imposed by any law on the part of Phil Hoffmann Travel, its servants or agents or of any sub-contractor or supplier of any product or service on the website.
Prices Do Not Include:
Items of a personal nature (such as telephone calls, alcoholic beverages, gratuities, etc.), transport, home port to destination and return (unless indicated).
Customer Service and Fairness:
We always look to resolve issues quickly and fairly. Enquiries and correspondence should be addressed to Website Customer Service Manager, Bayside Village Shopping Centre, Corner Jetty & Brighton Road, Glenelg SA 5045 Australia or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Departure Times and Flight Numbers:
- Most airlines state that there is no need to re-confirm your departure times and flight numbers. Nonetheless, Phil Hoffmann Travel will not take responsibility for any flight time or flight number alteration made by airlines. Phil Hoffmann Travel strongly advises that all flights should be re-confirmed by phone with the relevant airline at least 72 hours prior to departure for each individual flight.
Frequent Flyer Membership:
- If you are a member of an airline's frequent flyer scheme, please ensure that you have entered your correct number in the special section featured in the booking engine at the time of booking and advised your Consultant of the correct number. Phil Hoffmann Travel will not take responsibility if the airlines do not register your trip. You are advised to retain copies of your air ticket and boarding pass.
- All references to ‘We', ‘Our' and ‘Us' are references to Phil Hoffmann Travel.
Law and Jurisdiction:
- Our terms, conditions and the contractual relationship created between you and Phil Hoffmann Travel when you book through us is governed by the laws of South Australia, Australia.
- You agree to submit to the jurisdiction of the courts of South Australia for the determination of any dispute and the making of any claim against Phil Hoffmann Travel and acknowledge and agree that a court having jurisdiction in respect of the dispute or claim is the appropriate court.
Phil Hoffmann® and Phil Hoffmann Travel® are registered trade marks.
EXPO Oct 2019 door prize:
Who can enter?
Entry is only available to residents of Australia who are aged 18 years or older, who attended the Phil Hoffmann Travel Expo October 2019.
How to Enter
1. Entrants must sign up via competition tables at the event
2. Entrants must complete the online entry form and fill in all required fields.
3. The promotion ends 4:00pm Sunday 13th October 2019.
4. Winner drawn Tuesday 15th October 2019.
- The prize is a Antarctica in a day flight for 2 people which consist of, and is only redeemable for the following; Flight departing Adelaide on 24 Nov 2019 and flying over Antarctica providing scenic views before returning back to Adelaide.
- The customer is liable for any additional cost above this value
- 2 seats in Economy class centre
Terms and Conditions
1. There is one prize to be won over the period of the competition.
2. The total retail prize value is approximately $2,398 (AUD).
3. The prize cannot be redeemed or exchanged for any other form of travel services.
4. Notification and claiming the Prize. Following the prize draw, the winner will be notified via email details provided by the Entrant. The winning Entrant has 72 hours from the time and date of the notification being sent to respond, provide proof of eligibility and claim the Prize. If the Prize is not claimed by the winning Entrant within this time frame, the Prize will be redrawn, and any previous winners will forgo all claims to the Prize.
5. The travel date for the flight is 24/11/19 14. The customer may add services or stay additional nights; however, the customer is responsible for any additional costs.
6. Terms and conditions of this offer are as written and cannot be changed by any representation of any unauthorized person, including employees of Phil Hoffmann Travel.
7. Travel Package is void where prohibited or restricted by law.
General Terms and Conditions
1. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limit, exclude or modify or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act, as well as any other implied warranties under the ASIC Act or similar consumer protection laws in the State and Territories of Australia ("Non-Excludable Guarantees") and New Zealand. Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non- Excludable Guarantees, Phil Hoffmann Travel (including its respective officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the promotion.
2. Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, Phil Hoffmann Travel (including its respective officers, employees and agents) is not responsible for and excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under Phil Hoffmann Travel's control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by Phil Hoffmann Travel) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of Phil Hoffmann Travel; (d) any variation in prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions; (e) any tax liability incurred by a winner or entrant; or (f) use of a prize.
3. Phil Hoffmann Travel collects claimants'/entrants' personal information in order to conduct the promotion. If the information requested is not provided, the claimant/entrant may not be able to participate in the promotion. Phil Hoffmann Travel will not disclose this information to anyone other than contractors who provide services to Phil Hoffmann Travel for the purposes of conducting this promotion unless compelled or permitted by law. Entrants' personal information may be disclosed to State and Territory lottery departments and winners' names published as required under the relevant lottery legislation. As per the relevant Privacy Legislation, a request to access, update or correct any information should be directed to the Privacy Officer of Phil Hoffmann Travel.