Terms & Conditions
'Win a $500 Travel Voucher' Terms & Conditions of Entry
- The promoter is Phil Hoffmann Travel (ABN 70 839 306 113) of Bayside Village Shopping Centre, Corner Jetty Road and Brighton Road, Adelaide SA 5045 ("Promoter").
Conditions of Entry
- Eligibility information and the prize offered form part of these Conditions of Entry. An individual that renders themself an Eligible Entrant is deemed to have accepted these Conditions of Entry.
- Entry is open to residents of Australia aged 18 years or older, who comply with the requirements set out in the “Eligibility for Promotion” terms stated in these Conditions of Entry ("Eligible Entrants").
- Employees of Phil Hoffmann Travel, its related bodies corporate, and their immediate families are not permitted to enter.
Duration of Promotional Period
The promotion commences at 12:01am ACST on [Thursday 1 July 2021] and closes at 11:59pm ACST on Friday 31 December 2021 ("Promotion Period"). A Prize Winner will be drawn from the pool of Eligible Entrants on Monday 10 January 2022.
Eligibility for Promotion
- Eligible Entrants will be those who during the Promotion Period:
- currently subscribe to receive direct marketing material from the Promoter OR sign up to receive direct marketing material from the Promoter either in person at any Promoter retail store or registering their details for the PHT eNewsletter via the subscription form on www.pht.com.au/subscriber/subscribe; and
- remain subscribed to receive direct marketing material from the Promoter for the duration of the Promotion Period.
- Any costs associated with accessing the Promotion remain the responsibility of each entrant.
- An individual who complies with these eligibility requirements will receive one entry only in the Promotion.
Selection of “Prize Winner”
- There will be one (1) Prize Winner selected from the Eligible Entrants across the Promotion Period on Monday 10 January 2022.
- The Prize Winner must be able to provide a current, valid Australian Passport or Australian Driver’s License / other Valid ID to accept the prize.
- The Prize Winner will be determined by a random [computer generated] prize draw completed at the end of the Promotion Period. The draw will take place at the Promoter’s Head Office located at Bayside Village Shopping Centre, Corner Jetty Road and Brighton Road, Glenelg SA 5045 at 10:00am ACST on Monday 10 January 2022. The Promoter reserves the right to draw additional reserve entries and record them in case an ineligible entrant is drawn. The Prize Winner need not be present at the draw.
- The Prize Winner will be contacted by the Promoter via email or telephone beginning on Monday 10 January 2022 or as soon as possible thereafter.
- The Prize Winner will be announced on the Promoter’s website and respective Facebook page the next business day after the prize draw. Results will be published on
- The Prize Winner will have 14 days to claim the prize. If the prize has not been claimed by the Prize Winner before [5:00pm ACST] on the 14th day after it is announced, an unclaimed prize draw will be held at 10:00am ACST on the following day (Monday 24 January 2022) at the Promoter’s Head Office. The unclaimed prize draw will be a random [computer generated] prize draw. The winner of the unclaimed prize draw will be notified by email or telephone on the day of the unclaimed prize draw. All terms applicable to the Prize Winner will also apply to any winner of an unclaimed prize draw.
- Eligible Entrants who participate in the Promotion (including by accepting a Prize) consent to their name being announced on the www.pht.com.au website and www.facebook.com/PhilHoffmannTravel if they are selected as the Prize Winner or the winner of an unclaimed prize draw.
- The Promoter's decision is final and the Promoter will not enter into correspondence regarding the result of the promotion.
- The prize consists of one (1) Phil Hoffmann Travel Gift Card to the value of AUD500 drawn at the end of the Promotion Period. The Prize Winner (by accepting a Prize) agrees that they will abide by the applicable terms and conditions for the use of the prize as notified by the Promoter and/or the prize issuer.
- Eligible Entrants may only receive one (1) prize across the Promotion Period.
18A. The Prize Winner will be responsible for tax liability where applicable.
- The Prize Winner must take the prize as offered. The prize is non-transferable, non-refundable, cannot be sold or exchanged for cash (except as permitted through normal use of the prize) and cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer.
- The prize and use of the prize are subject to the standard terms and conditions of the Promoter. These terms and conditions can be found at www.pht.com.au/terms-and-conditions
- The Prize Winner, by accepting the prize, consents to the use of their name, suburb of residence and image for promotional and marketing purposes.
- To the extent permitted by law, the Promoter is not responsible or liable for:
- inaccurate/incorrect transcription of entry information;
- purported entries that are not received for any reason, including because they are lost, misdirected or stolen, or that are received, but are late, illegible, incomplete, sent with insufficient postage (where entry is by post), or sent other than as directed in the entry instructions;
- any problems or technical failures of any kind, including malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems or network, servers or providers, computer equipment, or software;
- the unavailability or inaccessibility of any service whether or not caused by traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website;
- unauthorised human intervention in any part of the promotion;
- electronic or human error which may occur in the administration of the promotion; g. any loss suffered or sustained, to person or property and including, but not limited to, consequential (including economic) loss in connection with the arrangement for supply, or the supply, of any goods or services by any person to a Prize Winner and, where applicable, to any family/persons accompanying a Prize Winner; or
- any injury or damage to persons or property, including to the participant's or any other person's computer related to, or resulting from, participation or downloading any materials in this promotion.
- The Promoter will not be liable for personal injury suffered in connection with the participation in this promotion or with the use of the prize offered, except to the extent caused directly by the Promoter's negligence.
- The above conditions do not affect, and are not intended to affect, any rights a consumer might have, which cannot be excluded under applicable consumer protection laws. To the fullest extent permitted by law, any liability of the Promoter or its servants or agents for breach of any such rights is limited to the payment of the cost of having the prize supplied again.
- When promotion entrants subscribe to the Promoter’s email newsletter they are agreeing to receive email marketing. In the event that entrants decide to opt out of receiving information on promotions, services and market research provided by the Promoter they can email
[email@example.com] or contact [the Head Office on 08 8350 5700]. If entrants opt out of receiving marketing at any time during the Promotional Period, they will no longer be eligible to receive a prize.
- The Promoter reserves the right to amend these Conditions of Entry or to cancel, alter or amend the promotion at any stage if deemed necessary in its opinion or if circumstances arise outside of its control without awarding any compensation. These Conditions of Entry shall be subject to the laws of South Australia, Australia.
- This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook. 29. By entering this promotion, you agree to release Facebook from any liability including for any loss, personal injury or damage.
- These Conditions of Entry shall supersede all other prior terms and conditions, understandings, arrangements or agreements, whether verbal or written, in relation to the promotion. This promotion is a game of chance. Skill plays no part in this promotion.
Schedule of Professionalism
Phil Hoffmann Travel® is an ATAS accredited Travel Agent and a member of AFTA. The professional services of the Consultants are as indicated and are brought to your attention to advise the important charges now implemented within the travel industry. Click here for a PDF of our Schedule of Professionalism.
In addition to any fees charged by airlines, wholesalers and suppliers, including Phil Hoffmann Travel Group Department, a Phil Hoffmann Travel cancellation fee will apply. If you cancel before full payment a cancellation fee equal to your deposit and subsequent payments will be charged. After final payment, a Phil Hoffmann Travel cancellation fee of 20% or $400 per person will apply, whichever is greater.
Cheque and Electronic Payments
Personal, bank, company cheques or electronic payments are accepted however take at least 3-10 working days to clear. Should a payment be provided without the relevant clearance period, penalties may apply.
In the event that an accident, disaster or emergency is reported to have occurred in a country where I/we will or may be travelling. I/we authorise you to disclose to the Australian Government Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade details of my/our itinerary (including without limitation, transport and accommodation arrangements) and my/our contact details within Australia and overseas. Please refer to www.smartraveller.gov.au for important Travel Smart - Hints for Australian Travellers or refer to the leaflet included in your final travel documentation. Other important informational websites are www.dfat.gov.au and www.tsa.gov
Validity of Prices and Information:
- Phil Hoffmann Travel strives to ensure that all information available on our website is accurate; however the prices and information on the Phil Hoffmann Travel website and featured in the booking engine are supplied by third parties and are subject to availability and conditions and are subject to change without notice. Although every care has been taken, the prices are not guaranteed until paid in full and documents have been issued.
- Phil Hoffmann Travel disclaims and will be exempt from any liability under the law of contract, tort or by virtue of statutory enactment in relation to any:
- loss to;
- personal injury death or illness of;
- damage or theft of personal property of any sort of;
- expense of inconvenience caused through delay to;
- disappointed expectation of;
- accident befalling;
- the traveller or any dependents, arising out of any negligent act or omission, breach of any duty imposed by statute, breach of any law of the place of destination or on route to or from the destination, tort (whether intentional or unintentional), or breach of a contractual term, whether expressed or implied or breach of duty arising under or imposed by any law on the part of Phil Hoffmann Travel, its servants or agents or of any sub-contractor or supplier of any product or service on the website.
Prices Do Not Include:
Items of a personal nature (such as telephone calls, alcoholic beverages, gratuities, etc.), transport, home port to destination and return (unless indicated).
Customer Service and Fairness:
We always look to resolve issues quickly and fairly. Enquiries and correspondence should be addressed to Website Customer Service Manager, Bayside Village Shopping Centre, Corner Jetty & Brighton Road, Glenelg SA 5045 Australia or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Departure Times and Flight Numbers:
- Most airlines state that there is no need to re-confirm your departure times and flight numbers. Nonetheless, Phil Hoffmann Travel will not take responsibility for any flight time or flight number alteration made by airlines. Phil Hoffmann Travel strongly advises that all flights should be re-confirmed by phone with the relevant airline at least 72 hours prior to departure for each individual flight.
Frequent Flyer Membership:
- If you are a member of an airline's frequent flyer scheme, please ensure that you have entered your correct number in the special section featured in the booking engine at the time of booking and advised your Consultant of the correct number. Phil Hoffmann Travel will not take responsibility if the airlines do not register your trip. You are advised to retain copies of your air ticket and boarding pass.
- All references to ‘We', ‘Our' and ‘Us' are references to Phil Hoffmann Travel.
Law and Jurisdiction:
- Our terms, conditions and the contractual relationship created between you and Phil Hoffmann Travel when you book through us is governed by the laws of South Australia, Australia.
- You agree to submit to the jurisdiction of the courts of South Australia for the determination of any dispute and the making of any claim against Phil Hoffmann Travel and acknowledge and agree that a court having jurisdiction in respect of the dispute or claim is the appropriate court.
Phil Hoffmann® and Phil Hoffmann Travel® are registered trade marks.