Terms & Conditions
Terms & Conditions for booking and advisory services
Phil Hoffmann Travel are with you all the way, and are here to support you, 24/7. We will do all possible to provide the best of service, knowledge, and advice, to ensure a seamless travel experience. Please read the following terms and conditions for our booking and advisory services carefully, and ensure you understand and sign accordingly in order to progress with your booking. Terms and conditions apply to all bookings you make with Phil Hoffmann Travel, including bookings made in-store, over the phone, by email or online via our website. Phil Hoffmann Travel rely on the person making the booking to act on behalf of any other traveller on the booking and that person will bind all such travellers to these terms and conditions.
Summary Phil Hoffmann Travel acts as an agent on behalf of third-party suppliers, including transport providers, accommodation providers, airlines, cruise lines, rail operators and wholesal- ers. As a member of ATAS, AFTA and as an associate member of Helloworld Travel, we arrange and coordinate your travel arrangements on your behalf through contracts arranged between yourself and reputable third-party suppliers. We recommend you read and understand the terms and conditions of each of the third-party suppliers we have arranged travel for you through. We can provide you with a copy upon request.
All services, coupons, receipts, and tickets are reserved and issued, subject to the terms and con- ditions specified by our third-party suppliers (refer to their individual brochures and/or websites), as well as Phil Hoffmann Travel’s Terms and Conditions and Schedule of Professionalism.
Phil Hoffmann Travel reserve the right to amend terms and conditions (including travel credit terms and conditions) and our Schedule of Professionalism at any time without prior notice. Any variation will be displayed on our website www.pht.com.au and you will be deemed to have accepted a variation if you have made a booking after it has been displayed.
Responsibility Clause Phil Hoffmann Travel are responsible for providing booking and advisory services in accordance with these terms and conditions, which come with guarantees under the Australian Consumer Law which cannot be excluded. These guarantees include that the services:
Will be provided with due care and skill.
Will be reasonably fit for the specified purpose.
Can reasonably be expected to achieve the desired result; and Will be provided within a reasonable time.
If we do not meet any of the expectations as listed, you have rights under the Australian Consumer Law. Subject to the Australian Consumer Law, we are not liable for any technical errors, corruption of any data, unauthorised access to your personal data, inaccuracies in information supplied by you or third parties, or failure to complete bookings when that failure is due to circumstances beyond our control.
You and your fellow travelling party, acknowledge that Phil Hoffmann Travel act as an agent on behalf of third-party suppliers, including transport providers, accommodation providers, airlines, cruise lines, rail operators and wholesalers. We do not provide or have control over, or liability for, the services provided by third parties. The third-party supplier is liable to you for a breach of obligations in providing you with the travel product purchased. Your legal rights in connection with the provision of travel services are against the third-party supplier and not against Phil Hoffmann Travel, and you acknowledge that services not provided will still incur fees and/or commission retention received. Phil Hoffmann Travel takes no responsibility for changes in services offered by third party suppli- ers. Travel products offered are subject to availability and can be withdrawn without notice by the provider. Travel products may also change at any time in accordance with the third-party suppliers’ terms and conditions. Phil Hoffmann Travel provide all information in good faith. To the maximum extent permitted by law, neither Phil Hoffmann Travel nor its directors, employees, any subsidiary or group company or representative shall be liable in contract, tort or otherwise for any inconvenience, delay, loss, death, injury, additional expense or damage to you or your belongings or otherwise re- lated to your bookings and travel, including, without limitation, in relation to claims arising directly or indirectly by the acts, omissions or default, whether negligent or otherwise, of third-party suppliers, over whom we have no direct control.
You acknowledge that travel during COVID-19 presents complexity and risk, and hence to the maximum extent permitted by law, Phil Hoffmann Travel is excluded of all liability in relation to, but without limitation, to any event which is beyond our control (including illness or death, changes to travel arrangements, changes to restrictions and transit points, changes to border controls, quaran- tine requirements) including, but not limited to, any relation to epidemic or pandemic.
Travel advice and health requirements Phil Hoffmann Travel recommend that you contact the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade or visit their website at www.smarttraveller.gov.au for gen- eral travel advice, health requirements and safety alert levels relating to the country you wish to visit. Travel advice should be checked regularly as changes may occur without notice.
You are choosing to travel at a time where you may be exposed to Coronavirus. It is your responsibil- ity to ensure you have read and understand all relevant travel information including health.
We recommend that you consult with your doctor or travel medical clinic prior to commencing your travel to ensure you are aware of any health requirements and recommended precautions relevant to the countries you are travelling to. It is your responsibility to ensure you meet the health and fitness requirements of your travel booking, and Phil Hoffmann Travel take no responsibility should your health or fitness prevent your ability to fulfill your travel arrangements.
You as the traveller are responsible to ensure the advice, opinion, and information in relation to travel products purchased, are suitable to your travel needs and wishes. Should any product be deemed unsuitable, Phil Hoffmann Travel are not liable for any inconvenience, expense or loss incurred.
It is your responsibility to ensure that you carry all necessary vaccination documentation with you, as failure to present required vaccination documents (e.g., COVID-19 vaccination or proof of Yellow Fever vaccination) may result in your denied boarding onto an aircraft, train, ship, coach or other form of transport or travel provider, or entry to a foreign country or entry into Australia.
When making a booking you must advise your Travel Consultant of any medical, dietary or mobility conditions you may have. Please also advise us if you are pregnant. Medical requests are subject to the travel providers discretion, subject to their ability to fulfill the request, including external factors. Note, requests cannot be guaranteed and are beyond the control of Phil Hoffmann Travel.
Passports & Visas A valid passport with a minimum of 6 months validity from return date is mandatory for all international travellers.
When making an international booking, please provide a copy of your passport. You must advise immediately should you not have a valid, Australian passport. It is the responsibility of the traveller to ensure that passports, visas, re-entry visas and permits meet the requirements of immigration and all relevant government authorities. Any fines, penalties, loss of travel or related expenses will be the sole responsibility of the traveller.
Phil Hoffmann Travel can provide general information upon request for passport and visa require- ments including transit visa requirements, but it is your responsibility to ensure you comply with all regulations before travelling.
Phil Hoffmann Travel can assist with specific visa and entry requirements, including entry require- ments relating to COVID-19, please note fees apply for this service.
Travel Insurance Travel Insurance is strongly recommended for both domestic and international travel, as recommended by the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade.
Phil Hoffmann Travel can provide a quote on a recommended travel insurance policy. It is the re- sponsibility of the traveller to ensure all information provided is correct and in full, including any pre- existing medical conditions, to ensure correct and adequate coverage. If you choose not to purchase our travel insurance, we will ask you to sign an indemnity declaration on your Phil Hoffmann Travel booking form. Travel insurance provides cover from the time the premium is paid, and the policy issued, and so should be taken out as soon as a deposit is paid.
Price and booking terms All prices are quoted in AUD and are inclusive of GST unless otherwise advised. Prices quoted or booked in person, over the phone, email or on our website are subject to availability at the time of booking and can be withdrawn or varied without notice. Reasons for price variations may include factors outside of our control such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel sur- charges, airfare, and tax variations. The price is only confirmed once your booking has been paid for in full by you before the advised payment due date. Please contact your consultant for confirmation of the price at the time you are paying in full for your travel. Port, service, and government taxes are subject to change up until time of departure. There may also be a local tax charged at some airports upon departure and at some hotels dependent on countries visited.
Payments via credit card will attract surcharges. You authorise us to charge all fees incurred by you in relation to the services provided to the credit card or debit card designated by you. If payment is not received from the card issuer or its agents for any reason, you agree to pay us all amounts due immediately on demand.
Due to the nature of the travel industry and dynamic pricing, prices in some cases may reduce after the time of deposit payment. Phil Hoffmann Travel have no control or advance notice when this occurs. Please be aware that at the time you confirm your reservation and by paying your deposit you are also confirming and agreeing to the price and inclusions available at the time of reservation. Credit card fees apply for all bookings as per Phil Hoffmann Travel’s Schedule of Professionalism. Cheque & Electronic Payments: Personal, bank, company cheques or electronic payments are ac- cepted however take at least 3-10 working days to clear. Should a payment be provided without the relevant clearance period, penalties may apply. Additional airline charges: some third-party suppli- ers may also charge additional fees for checked baggage, in-flight food, drinks, and seat reserva- tions. Full details can be provided at the time you make your reservation.
Reservation Deposit A Phil Hoffmann Travel Reservation Deposit is payable at the time of booking and is in addition to any deposits charged by the tour operator/airline or other third-party supplier. All deposits are non-refundable for change of mind or cancellations by you. If you have purchased Travel Insurance this may cover cancellation fees subject to policy terms and conditions.
Service Fees All Phil Hoffmann Travel service fees are outlined in our Schedule of Professionalism, which your Travel Consultant can provide you.
We may receive commissions, fees, gifts, or financial incentives from third party suppliers in rela- tion to your booking. All fees, commissions and financial incentives are non-refundable, even if the travel product is not used.
Phil Hoffmann Travel offer a 24/7 service for emergency use, and there is a fee for this service.
Frequent Flyer and Special Requests Please ensure you have entered your frequent flyer, hotel and/or cruise line membership details on the Phil Hoffmann Travel booking form for the inclusion in your booking. Please advise your travel consultant if you are wishing to gain points for your reserva- tion (note selected discounted airline seats and other travel services may exclude the accrual of frequent flyer and tier points). We cannot guarantee that the supplier/airline will credit your account with membership points or benefits. Please check your frequent flyer program or other loyalty program for terms and conditions.
Special requests such as airline seating, meals, non-smoking rooms, bedding configuration, spe- cific room requests in hotels and cruise cabin location, are at the discretion of the third-party sup- plier or operator. Whilst Phil Hoffmann Travel will do our utmost to notify the third-party suppliers or operators of your special needs, there is no guarantee these will be accommodated.
Cancellation and change fees Your rights to amend or cancel your travel booking and the cost of doing so will be determined by third-party supplier terms and conditions, as well as Phil Hoffmann Travel’s Schedule of Professionalism apply. Fees may result to 100% of your booking cost. Many third-party suppliers treat name changes and route and/or itinerary alterations as a full cancellation and these can incur full cancellation charges. Your consultant can provide full details if required. Refunds due will be provided after the funds are received by us from the third-party supplier/s. In the event of third-party supplier/s cancellation of your booking, Phil Hoffmann Travel will not process the refund unless we receive the refund from the third-party supplier/s. Refunds can take up to 12 weeks and beyond to process, we will assist in this process however does not take any responsibil- ity for the length of time taken by the third-party suppliers.
Travel cancellations and changes due to government regulations and the impact of, but not limited to, COVID-19 or other impacts outside of your and Phil Hoffmann Travel’s control, may impact your rights under the consumer guarantee provisions of the Australian Consumer Law. In some cases, a third-party supplier may offer a credit note or a voucher in place of a refund, which should have an expiration date which is long enough to allow you to use the credit note or voucher. If a supplier has offered a credit, then Phil Hoffmann Travel will continue to act as the booking agent.
Should your travel plans be cancelled or postponed outside of your or our control, refunds and/or credits/vouchers will be determined by the third-party supplier/s.
Phil Hoffmann Travel reserves the right to cancel your booking in the event we have reasonable grounds to believe it is fraudulent.
No Show If you have a booking for a Travel Service (including flights, accommodation, cruise line, rail travel, car hire, coach, or any other service) but you do not show up to check-in or otherwise do not avail yourself of such Travel service, you will not be entitled to any refund from Phil Hoffmann Travel.
Force Majeure Phil Hoffmann Travel will not be liable for any failure, delay, or event in performing our obligations under this agreement which is beyond our control. Such causes may include but are not limited to: acts of God, accident, government travel restrictions, epidemic, quarantine, pan- demic, outbreaks of infectious disease or public health concerns of any nature, actual or threatened war, riots, civil strife, terrorist activity, industrial disputes, strikes, explosion, generalized lack of raw materials or energy, breakdown of communication facilities, natural and/or nuclear disasters, natu- ral catastrophes, adverse weather conditions, fire, government acts or omissions, or the change in law or administration of any law in Australia or any jurisdiction or territory relevant to the booking contract.
If force majeure applies, the customer will be bound by the third-party suppliers and Phil Hoffmann Travel’s terms and conditions and Schedule of Professionalism. We will facilitate any refund or credit due. Any booking and advisory fees as per the Schedule of Professionalism, credit card fees or commissions received are non-refundable in the circumstance that a force majeure event occurs.
Insolvency Phil Hoffmann Travel is not liable for any inconvenience, delay, loss, death, injury, or damage, financial or otherwise, to you or your belongings as a result of any third-party supplier/s or operator becoming bankrupt, insolvent or ceasing to provide services.
Privacy Phil Hoffmann Travel is committed to protecting your personal information and agrees to handle your information in line with the terms and conditions as governed by the laws of South Australia, and each party submits to the jurisdiction of the courts of South Australia.
The information collected on your booking form is required to ensure accuracy of reservations made on your behalf. We will provide relevant information to third-party suppliers such as hotels, tour companies, foreign consulates, etc. as required for your booking.
Your Responsibility Prior to confirming your booking with Phil Hoffmann Travel, you agree to meet the following requirements:
- You are over the age of 18 and have the power, capacity, and authority to enter into a binding contract with us and the third-party suppliers of the travel products that you acquire
- You have read all of Phil Hoffmann Travel’s terms and conditions and if booking on behalf of any other travellers, you have conveyed these terms and conditions to them
- You have read and agree to Phil Hoffmann Travel’s Schedule of Professionalism
- You must complete and sign a Phil Hoffmann Travel booking form
- You have read all third-party suppliers’ terms & conditions and agree to be bound by them
- You must check that all traveller details have been provided to your Travel Consultant and are correct, true, current, and complete
- You must check that your passport has 6 months validity remaining, upon your intended return date to Australia
- You understand that passport, visa, and other required identification of documents are your responsibility
- You are responsible for checking the accuracy of all documentation provided to you
- You have considered comprehensive Travel Insurance and we are not responsible for any failure by you to acquire adequate insurance cover
- You must monitor for any relevant changes to the itinerary before and during travel to ensure no changes have been made which will affect your travel arrangements
- You understand that border entry requirements due to COVID-19 are your responsibility and may change at any This may include, but is not limited to, Government approval to leave Australia, Government entry regulations of all foreign countries, vaccination requirements, quar- antine requirements, PCR testing requirements, airline caps.
- Should future travel mandates from suppliers and governments require compulsory vaccina- tions, vary the minimum age, special exemption criteria and/or PCA testing it is the traveller’s responsibility to meet this requirement. Please note you may be required to provide a negative COVID test result for travel and some countries may require further testing on arrival
- You acknowledge that your decision to travel is made based on your own understanding of this information, and you acknowledge and agree that you are aware of, and assume responsibility for, the risks associated with traveling at this time. To the fullest extent permitted by law, we accept no liability in relation to these additional risks
Authority In the event of an accident, disaster, or emergency in a country where you will or may be travelling, you authorise Phil Hoffmann Travel to disclose to the Australian Government Depart- ment of Foreign Affairs and Trade details of your itinerary (including without limitation, transport, and accommodation arrangements) and contact details within Australia and overseas. Please refer to www.smartraveller.gov.au for the important Top 10 Safe Travel Tips or refer to leaflet included in your final travel documentation. Other important informational websites are www.dfat.gov.au & www.tsa.gov/index.shtm
Jurisdiction and Law All matters arising out of or in connection with our Booking & Advisory Services and these terms and conditions are governed by the laws of South Australia, Australia. By acquiring the Booking & Advisory Services, you consent and submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the laws of South Australia, Australia.
Definitions References to:
- “Us”, “we” and/or “our” in these terms and conditions, means the Phil Hoffmann Travel Group and is specifically limited to include any group entity licensed to trade a “Phil Hoffmann Travel”.
- “You” or “your” means any user of our website or any person who acquires the Booking and Advisory Services, including any person who acquires a Travel Product (whether or not the Booking and Advisory Services were acquired by another person).
- Phil Hoffmann Travel’s “Schedule of Professionalism” means our list of fees charged for ser- vices
- “Third-party supplier’ or “travel provider” or “provider” means the company or person who provides you with the travel product on terms and conditions agreed with
'Win a $500 Travel Voucher' Terms & Conditions of Entry
- The promoter is Phil Hoffmann Travel (ABN 70 839 306 113) of Bayside Village Shopping Centre, Corner Jetty Road and Brighton Road, Adelaide SA 5045 ("Promoter").
Conditions of Entry
- Eligibility information and the prize offered form part of these Conditions of Entry. An individual that renders themself an Eligible Entrant is deemed to have accepted these Conditions of Entry.
- Entry is open to residents of Australia aged 18 years or older, who comply with the requirements set out in the “Eligibility for Promotion” terms stated in these Conditions of Entry ("Eligible Entrants").
- Employees of Phil Hoffmann Travel, its related bodies corporate, and their immediate families are not permitted to enter.
Duration of Promotional Period
The promotion commences at 12:01am ACST on [Thursday 10 March 2022] and closes at 11:59pm ACST on Saturday 10 September 2022 ("Promotion Period"). A Prize Winner will be drawn from the pool of Eligible Entrants on Monday 19 September 2022.
Eligibility for Promotion
- Eligible Entrants will be those who during the Promotion Period:
- Currently subscribe to receive direct marketing material from the Promoter OR sign up to receive direct marketing material from the Promoter either in person at any Promoter retail store or registering their details for the PHT eNewsletter via the subscription form on www.pht.com.au/subscriber/subscribe; and
- Remain subscribed to receive direct marketing material from the Promoter for the duration of the Promotion Period.
- Any costs associated with accessing the Promotion remain the responsibility of each entrant.
- An individual who complies with these eligibility requirements will receive one entry only in the Promotion.
Selection of “Prize Winner”
- There will be one (1) Prize Winner selected from the Eligible Entrants across the Promotion Period on Monday 19 September 2022.
- The Prize Winner must be able to provide a current, valid Australian Passport or Australian Driver’s License / other Valid ID to accept the prize.
- The Prize Winner will be determined by a random [computer generated] prize draw completed at the end of the Promotion Period. The draw will take place at the Promoter’s Head Office located at Bayside Village Shopping Centre, Corner Jetty Road and Brighton Road, Glenelg SA 5045 at 10:00am ACST on Monday 19 September 2022. The Promoter reserves the right to draw additional reserve entries and record them in case an ineligible entrant is drawn. The Prize Winner need not be present at the draw.
- The Prize Winner will be contacted by the Promoter via email or telephone beginning on Monday 19 September 2022 or as soon as possible thereafter.
- The Prize Winner will be announced on the Promoter’s website and respective Facebook page the next business day after the prize draw. Results will be published on
- The Prize Winner will have 14 days to claim the prize. If the prize has not been claimed by the Prize Winner before [5:00pm ACST] on the 14th day after it is announced, an unclaimed prize draw will be held at 10:00am ACST on the following day (Monday 24 September 2022) at the Promoter’s Head Office. The unclaimed prize draw will be a random [computer generated] prize draw. The winner of the unclaimed prize draw will be notified by email or telephone on the day of the unclaimed prize draw. All terms applicable to the Prize Winner will also apply to any winner of an unclaimed prize draw.
- Eligible Entrants who participate in the Promotion (including by accepting a Prize) consent to their name being announced on the www.pht.com.au website and www.facebook.com/PhilHoffmannTravel if they are selected as the Prize Winner or the winner of an unclaimed prize draw.
- The Promoter's decision is final and the Promoter will not enter into correspondence regarding the result of the promotion.
- The prize consists of one (1) Phil Hoffmann Travel Gift Card to the value of AUD500 drawn at the end of the Promotion Period. The Prize Winner (by accepting a Prize) agrees that they will abide by the applicable terms and conditions for the use of the prize as notified by the Promoter and/or the prize issuer.
- Eligible Entrants may only receive one (1) prize across the Promotion Period.
18A. The Prize Winner will be responsible for tax liability where applicable.
- The Prize Winner must take the prize as offered. The prize is non-transferable, non-refundable, cannot be sold or exchanged for cash (except as permitted through normal use of the prize) and cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer.
- The prize and use of the prize are subject to the standard terms and conditions of the Promoter. These terms and conditions can be found at www.pht.com.au/terms-and-conditions
- The Prize Winner, by accepting the prize, consents to the use of their name, suburb of residence and image for promotional and marketing purposes.
- To the extent permitted by law, the Promoter is not responsible or liable for:
- inaccurate/incorrect transcription of entry information;
- purported entries that are not received for any reason, including because they are lost, misdirected or stolen, or that are received, but are late, illegible, incomplete, sent with insufficient postage (where entry is by post), or sent other than as directed in the entry instructions;
- any problems or technical failures of any kind, including malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems or network, servers or providers, computer equipment, or software;
- the unavailability or inaccessibility of any service whether or not caused by traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website;
- unauthorised human intervention in any part of the promotion;
- electronic or human error which may occur in the administration of the promotion; g. any loss suffered or sustained, to person or property and including, but not limited to, consequential (including economic) loss in connection with the arrangement for supply, or the supply, of any goods or services by any person to a Prize Winner and, where applicable, to any family/persons accompanying a Prize Winner; or
- any injury or damage to persons or property, including to the participant's or any other person's computer related to, or resulting from, participation or downloading any materials in this promotion.
- The Promoter will not be liable for personal injury suffered in connection with the participation in this promotion or with the use of the prize offered, except to the extent caused directly by the Promoter's negligence.
- The above conditions do not affect, and are not intended to affect, any rights a consumer might have, which cannot be excluded under applicable consumer protection laws. To the fullest extent permitted by law, any liability of the Promoter or its servants or agents for breach of any such rights is limited to the payment of the cost of having the prize supplied again.
- When promotion entrants subscribe to the Promoter’s email newsletter they are agreeing to receive email marketing. In the event that entrants decide to opt out of receiving information on promotions, services and market research provided by the Promoter they can email
[firstname.lastname@example.org] or contact [the Head Office on 08 8350 5700]. If entrants opt out of receiving marketing at any time during the Promotional Period, they will no longer be eligible to receive a prize.
- The Promoter reserves the right to amend these Conditions of Entry or to cancel, alter or amend the promotion at any stage if deemed necessary in its opinion or if circumstances arise outside of its control without awarding any compensation. These Conditions of Entry shall be subject to the laws of South Australia, Australia.
- This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook. 29. By entering this promotion, you agree to release Facebook from any liability including for any loss, personal injury or damage.
- These Conditions of Entry shall supersede all other prior terms and conditions, understandings, arrangements or agreements, whether verbal or written, in relation to the promotion. This promotion is a game of chance. Skill plays no part in this promotion.